Austin, the capital city of Texas, has a unique blend of culture and is an economic powerhouse. Thousands are moving to Austin alone monthly, as it boasts for being the Live Music Capital of the World and is a magnet for entrepreneurs, college students, creatives and hipsters. A great city catered to singles and married couples alike for entertainment and dining of all kinds.
8 Reasons Why so Many People are Moving to Texas:
1. Jobs - The main reason people go to Texas is for employment. Texas is seeing tremendous growth in the Tech, Manufacturing and Business service sectors. Very low unemployment rates and is a right to work state.
2. It's Cheaper - Comparing the average incomes against cost of living to the country's 51 largest metro areas, alot of Texans make it in the top 10.
3. Cheaper Real Estate - The median list price for a home in Austin is around $295,000. Out- of- state residents can do well selling higher priced property and then using the proceeds to buy cheaper Texas house and land. No problems buying or selling here!
4. Land - Texas is land rich. With an abundant supply, Texas real estate is more affordable when compared to many other coastal states. Land acquisition, permitting to construction is very efficient and have fewer regulations.
5. Low Tax - Texas is 1 of only 7 states where residents pay no personal state income tax. However, a complaint among homeowners is the state disproportionate take on property taxes. Overall, only five states have a lower individual tax burden than Texas. There are tax incentives for businesses.
6. City or Country or Coast - Texas has 6 of the country's 20 biggest cities: Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, and El Paso. Texas has it all, farm and ranch living, inner city residential living, or coastal living all within short distances of the main Texas metroplexes.
7. Austin in particular - Capital city and bustling metroplex. Current official slogan promotes Austin as "The Live Music Capital of the World". "Austinites" know how to Keep it Weird! There truly is no place quite like it! Austin residents are a very diverse mix of people from college students attending the highly rated University of Texas, hipsters to business executives. Texas, with Austin especially, has a broad array of entertainment for all ages. Austin celebrates the Arts with its musicians that comes together from all over the world for epic events such as SXSW and ACL. Texas's schools foster super sports teams and players, as football is big in Austin. Texans eat very well with top notch cuisine and the touted 'world famous' restaurants.
8. Family- Friendly/ education - Texas has a strong education system and takes care of the disadvantaged students as graduation rates show. Texas also allows parents the freedom to home-school their children. Texas has a tight cohesiveness and some say stronger than any other section of America. Texans are very friendly and down-to-earth. It is the "stickiest" state in the country, as more than 3/4 of adults born in Texas still live here.
Want more information on areas around Austin to find your place to call home at, call me today for your FREE relocation guide @ 512-294-4117
Sources: Austin Title, Austin Chamber of Commerce, www.newgeography.com